Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let me introduce myself

This blog isn't going to be all about ulcerative colitis, but my illness is what inspired me to start a blog.  When I first got sick I kept a notebook in which I logged what I ate, the time I ate it, the medicines I took, my pain levels...I hoped it would provide a clue as to what was making me feel like I was being stabbed in the abdomen.  I gave up after a year.  The whole endeavor had been fruitless, which led to my husband and I affectionately calling the notebook "the book of pointless."
The only good thing in the notebook were the occasional entries that mentioned something fun I did, such as "went to dinner with Nick" or "Alison came over to watch a movie."  It helped me realize that my last year and a half hadn't just been sickness, I had happy moments too.  This blog is my new book of pointless, minus the logs of what I ate etc.  This book of pointless is just about living :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!!!